5EC, 2014

Join in the learning!

Inquiry: The Future Is Ours

•  LIFE AFTER PEOPLE

life-after-people

• Look at the picture (above). Think about what is happening in the picture.
  • Record a prediction as a comment about what you think will happen in the documentary. Label it ‘PREDICTION’. Submit the comment.

Watch the first 7 minutes 20 seconds (until the title ’10 days after people’ appears) of the clip below and then respond to the questions below the clip. If you need to refer back to parts of the clip you should.

RESPOND TO EACH QUESTION BELOW IN ONE BLOG COMMENT. MAKE SURE YOU LABEL WHICH QUESTION YOU ARE RESPONDING TO AND GO TO A NEW LINE FOR EACH.

• LITERAL QUESTION: What does the video tell you about humans and energy as well as energy after people?
  • INFERENTIAL QUESTION: The underground tunnels are sometimes used for transport. What kind of transport might use the tunnels? How do you know?
  • EVALUATIVE QUESTION: Do you think the world would be better off without humans? Why/Why not?

“Inquiry: The Future Is Ours”

1. March 4th, 2014 at 8:48 pm      Reply ecanning Says:

PREDICTION: I Predict that ___________________. I think this because______________.

2. March 4th, 2014 at 8:50 pm      Reply ecanning Says:

LITERAL QUESTION: The video tells that that ______ will happen to the energy after people. The clues that told me this were ________.

INFERENTIAL QUESTION: The underground tunnels are used for _________. I inferred this because ________.

EVALUATIVE QUESTION: I think that _____________. The reason I think this is because ____________.

3. March 5th, 2014 at 1:26 am      Reply James Says:

Prediction my prediction is there will be a natural disaster

4. March 5th, 2014 at 1:27 am      Reply Breannon Says:

I predict that it will be about how the earth has evolved without humans. I think this because of the photo above^. It is because it show rustic and run down venues.

5. March 5th, 2014 at 1:27 am      Reply Adrian Says:

PREDICTION: I think that it’s abandon and it looks like the people have gone

6. March 5th, 2014 at 1:28 am      Reply Angelique Says:

Prediction:I predict that in that future there is no people around anymore . I think this because there are no people that I can see around.

7. March 5th, 2014 at 1:29 am      Reply adrian Says:

PREDICTION: I think that it’s abandon and it looks like the people have gone.

8. March 5th, 2014 at 1:30 am      Reply Jacinta Says:

Prediction: I predict that life after people will be a little bit miserable.I think this because there will be no one to look after the world.

9. March 5th, 2014 at 1:30 am      Reply Mia Says:

Prediction: I think life after people would look like a place that doesn’t look so much fun and there won’t be any fresh air because I think all the plants and living things would have been dead.

10. March 5th, 2014 at 1:31 am      Reply Rebecca Says:

I think there are no people because the title is called life after people and everything looks old and if people were around they would clean it up

11. March 5th, 2014 at 1:32 am      Reply Nathan Says:

PREDICTION: I predict that the city is a big mess because everyone is polluting and not doing anything about it..

12. March 5th, 2014 at 1:32 am      Reply Ruby and Daniel Says:

PREDICTION: We prediction that in the future it will look like a dump. I think this because the world is getting more dirty.

13. March 5th, 2014 at 1:32 am      Reply Maddison Says:

Prediction: I predict that they will show what will happen to the world in the future and how everything is polluted. I think this because in the picture it shows the title life after people and i think this because of what it says.

14. March 5th, 2014 at 1:33 am      Reply Thomasf Says:

PREDICTION: I predict that they are going to knock down
    the city for the future. I think this because in the picture everything is
    destroyed.

15. March 5th, 2014 at 1:34 am      Reply Cooper Says:

PREDICTION: I predict that everything will be wreaked and destroyed because the picture looks like it is destroyed.

16. March 5th, 2014 at 1:35 am      Reply Angelique Says:

Prediction: I think there were no people because I can’t see any people anymore

17. March 5th, 2014 at 1:35 am      Reply Yohan Says:

PREDICTION: I predict that without humans it would be MUCH better for the animals and it would look very clean. I think this because there would be no humans to pollute the world. 😀 😀

18. March 5th, 2014 at 1:36 am      Reply Edwin Says:

Prediction: I think the aliens just attacked the world and every body escaped! 🙂 🙂

19. March 5th, 2014 at 1:37 am      Reply Michael:^) Says:

I product that people are dyeing and people are homeless I think this because of the pichere up there and what It looks like

20. March 5th, 2014 at 1:44 am      Reply Domenic Says:

Prediction:I predict that it will be bad for the pollution and for the animals so they don’t die 😀 😀

21. March 5th, 2014 at 1:45 am      Reply Jordan Says:

PREDICTION:I predict that there will be no survivors and the plants will be destroyed because it like it in the picture.

22. March 5th, 2014 at 1:54 am      Reply Breannon Says:

The video tells me that water energy will be the only source of energy. The clues that told me this are: the manager of Hoover dam said water would never run out and Hoover dam would be the last energy resource. The underground tunnels were for transport and cabling. this bit of information from back round knowledge.comparing from the London subways. I think the world would be better with out and with humans. I think we should be here to look after pet,life etc. I also think that the world would be better without humans then because nature will take its corse.

23. March 5th, 2014 at 1:55 am      Reply Andrew Says:

Prediction:I think the world will have a lot of Radiation and undiscovered animals.I think this because some nuclear plants might be destroyed and new fossils

24. March 5th, 2014 at 2:00 am      Reply Mia Says:

Literal Question: The video tells me that the energy will stop working and there will be no more power. The clues that tell me this were the pictures that they showed in the video.

Inferential Question: The underground tunnels are used for water pumps I inferred this because the man in the video told me

Evaluative Question: I think the world is not going to be a better place I think that because the pictures in the video looked like there was no air and it looked polluted because no body could take care of it

25. March 5th, 2014 at 2:01 am      Reply Jacinta Says:

Literal question: The video tells me that energy will stop when people go. The clues that told me this was the different types of graphics and even the guy speaking

Inferential question . The underground tunnels are used for water pumps. I inferred this because of the pictures off the pumps and what the man said about them.

I think that the world will be a better place if there were humans because we will be able to look after the world and make sure that the power does not go out and that the water pumps don’t flood.

26. March 5th, 2014 at 2:01 am      Reply Angelique Says:

Literal question : the video tells that maybe in the future there will be no more people around anymore and that the energy is off

Inferential question: the underground tunnels are used for public
    Transport I know because it looked like a transport place

Evaluative question:I think the world is better with humans because there will be life and the world will be a happy place

27. March 5th, 2014 at 2:03 am      Reply Maddison Says:

literal:the video tells me that nothing will happen to the energy after people.the clues that told me this were that tv’s were still on and pumps were still on.

Inferential: the underground tunnels are used for transport and cabelling that is still running.I inferred this because they showed it in the video.

Evaluative:I think that it would be bad without humans to look after the world and alll the animals. the reason i think this is because i saw a dog and it had no one to play with or no one too feed it.

28. March 5th, 2014 at 2:04 am      Reply Rebecca Says:

Literal question: the video tell us that no people are around and will disrepair

Infernal question the underground tunnels are used for public transport I inferred this because it look like one

Evaluative question I think that the people will come back because they didn’t die they just diserpeard