5EC, 2014

Join in the learning!

The Annunciation (Literacy Must Do)

November12

Read at the Bible passage of the Annunciation then watch the clip that tells the same story.

Once you have done so, leave a comment with the following:

‘What would Mary have texted, emailed or written  in a diary after this event?’

Make sure your response is detailed and justify why.

Further to this you will need to log back on later in the week once some other students have posted comments and make responses to what they have said.

THIS MEANS YOU WILL POST AT LEAST 2 COMMEENTS THIS WEEK.

Luke 1: 26 – 38

26 In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,
27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
28 And he came to her and said, “Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you!”
29 But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and considered in her mind what sort of greeting this might be.
30 And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus.
32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David,
33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there will be no end.”
34 And Mary said to the angel, “How shall this be, since I have no husband?”
35 And the angel said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.
36 And behold, your kinswoman Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son; and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren.
37 For with God nothing will be impossible.”
38 And Mary said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.

by posted under Uncategorized | 22 Comments »    

“The Annunciation (Literacy Must Do)”

1. November 12th, 2014 at 10:19 pm      Reply james Says:

what would mary have written or put in a diary i have been told im haveing a baby boy named jesus

• November 12th, 2014 at 10:37 pm      Reply ecanning Says:

Great start James, if Mary was writing in her diary she would likely also mention how she was feeling. Could you infer her feelings, remember to mention why you think this.
      Mrs Canning.

2. November 14th, 2014 at 12:53 am      Reply angelique Says:

what would have Mary texted, emailed or written in a diary after this event?

Mary would have written in her diary that I am having a baby boy who’s name is Jesus. I think that Mary also would write that she was confused.

I think this because Mary would have written how she was felling and what she was told.

3. November 16th, 2014 at 10:56 pm      Reply breannon Says:

If Mary was to write a diary entry it will proably say:
    Last night a angel came to me. He told me not to worry and not to be afraid. His name was Gabriel. He came to tell me a message from God. He said You will be having a baby boy and his name will be jesus.

4. November 16th, 2014 at 11:01 pm      Reply angelique Says:

Mary would have written in her diary that she was having a baby boy named jesus. Mary would have also written that she is confused about what the angel had said.

I think this because she would have written what she has been told.

5. November 16th, 2014 at 11:07 pm      Reply shakira Says:

Mary would have felt excited but nervous, to be having a baby boy named jesus. when the angel came to mary she was probely confused about what she was trying to tell her.

6. November 16th, 2014 at 11:17 pm      Reply Jacinta Says:

I think Mary would of wrote how she was feeling and what she thought of the Angel comming and telling her that she was going to have a baby. I think this because I am infering my own feelings if this had happened to me.

7. November 16th, 2014 at 11:18 pm      Reply ruby Says:

I think Mary would of wrote about how she was feeling and would was she like when the angel told her she was going to get married and have a baby. I think she would feel like scared because she just found out that she has to get married and have a baby and call it Jesus

8. November 16th, 2014 at 11:20 pm      Reply angelique Says:

repliying to breannons comment:

i think breannon explaned it very well and it is very deatailed and good with her words.

she could improve on the layout with the way she was saying things.

9. November 16th, 2014 at 11:20 pm      Reply Maddison Says:

I think Mary would of wrote that she was very hounered but she would have felt excited that she was having a baby.I think this because thats how women feel when they have a begaby.

10. November 16th, 2014 at 11:21 pm      Reply Rebecca Says:

I think Mary would have written in her diary that she was confused because the angel said she was having a baby when she wasn’t even married yet. I also think she was scared and worried because she was shocked an angel came from nowhere.

11. November 16th, 2014 at 11:25 pm      Reply Mia Says:

I think Mary would have wrote that she was really worried and scared. I also think she would have have wrote she was happy

12. November 16th, 2014 at 11:31 pm      Reply shakira Says:

Mary would have been feeling nervous and excited to be having a baby boy named jesus. She would have been feeling confused what the angel had told her.

shakira

13. November 16th, 2014 at 11:35 pm      Reply yohan Says:

Mary would of said in her diary…
    I am feeling very worried but exited about my child, Jesus because I just hope he is healthy and will live a happy life but also exited. I will be a mum!

14. November 16th, 2014 at 11:35 pm      Reply marcus Says:

Mary would of said in her diary…

15. November 23rd, 2014 at 10:44 pm      Reply Jacinta Says:

I agree with you Maddison, she would of felt very hounered with having a baby and I like how you said it in the way you did because thats how someone WOULD feel in life.

16. November 23rd, 2014 at 10:45 pm      Reply breannon Says:

repling to angelique’s comment:
    great job on explaining her emotions at the time. i like the way you explained marys feeling’s and worries
    Great job angelique

17. November 23rd, 2014 at 10:49 pm      Reply Maddison Says:

I agree with Jacinta’s comment because what she inferred with the angel is probaly right because Mary would of not expected the angel so she would of wrote that.

18. November 23rd, 2014 at 11:34 pm      Reply Rebecca Says:

I agree with Shakira she must have been excited to and really confused.

19. November 23rd, 2014 at 11:36 pm      Reply Cooper Says:

Mary would of put in her diary, I am going to have a baby on a special day. This will be the best day of my life!

20. November 23rd, 2014 at 11:45 pm      Reply Nath Says:

Mary would put in her diary,
    I am going to give birth to the Messiah, this is amazing!!!!

21. November 23rd, 2014 at 11:52 pm      Reply daniel Says:

Mary would put in her diary

I am going to give birth to the Messiah