The Fruits and Gift of the Holy Spirit

July9

This term we will learn about ‘The Fruits and Gifts of the Holy Spirit’. Below are a number of texts that you may refer to to help you develop your initial understandings. Look at the pictures and watch the clips then leave a blog comment using AT LEAST 3 of De Bono’s hats to support your thinking.

White Hat: What I know about the Holy Spirit.
Yellow Hat: How can the Holy Spirit have a positive impact on me in my own life?
Black Hat: What are some negatives about the Holy Spirit?
Red Hat: What emotions do I associate with the Holy Spirit? (These could be emotions about how it makes you feel or how you feel about learning about the Holy Spirit)
Blue Hat: When learning about the Holy Spirit what kinds of thinking will I need to use?
Green Hat: What creative ways could I think of that I could display the Holy Spirit’s presence in my life?

Make sure you mention which hats you have chosen when you post your comment.

“The Fruits and Gift of the Holy Spirit”

1. July 15th, 2014 at 2:47 am      Reply Rachel Says:

Red hat: my emotions about learning about Holy Spirit is I feel happy and I concentrate a bit more because I wan’t to
    Earn more about it I feel joyful learning about The Holy Spirit

2. July 15th, 2014 at 2:49 am      Reply Edwing and Leo Says:

Yellow hat- the good thing is kindness, goodness, peace and peace

3. July 15th, 2014 at 2:51 am      Reply James and Dom Says:

I think the second video we watched was funny with the puppets because it was a fun way to teach kids. The cross represents peace.

4. July 15th, 2014 at 2:51 am      Reply Marcus:) theo :) Says:

White hat :
    We believe in Jesus
    Take the bread and wine
    Some people can pass away
    Some people can get sick
    Blue hat :
    We would need
    Thinking skill
    Re searching skills
    Black hat:
    That people can be sick and pass away

5. July 15th, 2014 at 2:52 am      Reply Maddison Says:

The fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit.

White hat: I know that the Holy Spirit is a gift that you can receive at confirmation and some of the fruits are love, peace and joy.

Red hat: I feel excited to learn more about the Holy Spirit and more about the fruits.

Blue hat: some of the thinking skills that I will have to use are Understanding and Annalising.

6. July 15th, 2014 at 2:55 am      Reply Breannon Says:

Love
    Patients
    Goodness
    Gentleness
    And faithfulness

7. July 15th, 2014 at 2:55 am      Reply Rachel & Ruby Says:

Green hat: a play, Animation and a story
    Yellow Hat: It is a positive impact to my life because we go to a catholic school and it helps us to do good things in life

8. July 15th, 2014 at 2:56 am      Reply Jacinta Says:

White hat:
    I know that the Holy Spirit is about Jesus and God and how they are always with you ( in your heart)
    Yellow hat:
    I think the Holy Spirit can have a positive impact to my life because I will be closer to Jesus and God and I can live more like Jesus.
    Black hat:
    Some negatives about the Holy Spirit is that Jesus went through a rough time.

9. July 15th, 2014 at 2:58 am      Reply Shakira Says:

White hat: the Holy Spirit came from jesus,a flame appeared on some on the people head then a strong wind came in and they knew it was the Holy Spirit.
    Yellow hat: the Holy Spirit is very positive and an amazing gift
    Red hat: the Holy Spirit makes me happy because it is a gift from jesus it exciting to know that Jesus is the Holy Spirit and has given it to us.

Shakira

10. July 15th, 2014 at 2:58 am      Reply Jasmine Says:

White hat-I know that the Holy Spirit came to the disciples (sent by Jesus) and made a flame appear above their head as a sign the the Holy Spirit was with them and it gavel he ability to speak in multiple languages so they could spread the word of Jesus.

Yellow hat-The Holy Spirit can impact my life by making me and those around me a better person.

Black hat-Some negatives about the Holy Spirit is that not everyone has it and not everyone can be guided by the Holy Spirit.

11. July 15th, 2014 at 2:59 am      Reply James and Dom Says:

Yellow hat- no one will fight and it makes them be nice.
    Red hat – we feel happy and peaceful
    Green hat – I could pray and caring for others

12. July 15th, 2014 at 2:59 am      Reply Breannon Says:

Blue hat:When learning about the Holy Spirit what kinds of thinking will I need to use?
    I will mainly use praying and predicting because I didn’t live when god told Jesus about the holy spirit.
    Red hat: I am so excited about learning about the Holy Spirit.

13. July 15th, 2014 at 3:00 am      Reply Angelique Says:

White hat, what I know about the Holy Spirit ?
    I know that it is a symbol of god and it also represents peace.

Yellow hat, how can the Holy Spirit have a positive impact on my life?
    The Holy Spirit can have a positive impact on my life when there is peace in my life and the world.
    Red hat, what emotions do I associate with the Holy Spirit?
    One emotion that I associate with the Holy Spirit is happy because I feel that I am associating with god.

14. July 15th, 2014 at 3:00 am      Reply Mia Says:

White hat: what I know about the Holy Spirit
    I know that the Holy Spirit is an important way to remember Jesus and all the important things he dose also that he is a spirit and he is everywhere to protect you.

Red hat: what emotions do I associate with the Holy Spirit
    Emotions that I associate with the Holy Spirit are happy, exited and loyalty

Blue hat: when learning about the Holy Spirit what kinds of thinking skills would I need to use?
    When learning about the Holy Spirit the thinking skills I will need to use are reflective thinking and imaginative thinking.

15. July 15th, 2014 at 3:00 am      Reply Edwing and Leo Says:

Black hat- the bad thing is selfishness, anger and unpatiense

Blue hat- the thinking is needed when you make a bad choice.

16. July 15th, 2014 at 3:01 am      Reply Cooper and Daniel Says:

White hat: we know that you take the bread and the wine and that we can’t be selfish.
    Black hat: a negative about the Holy Spirit is that you can’t be good 100%
    Blue hat: the thinking needed is that we will need to understand about the topic more so we can understand it.

17. July 15th, 2014 at 3:01 am      Reply Nathan & Yohan Says:

White Hat: It’s a special spirit that has given Jesus’ disciples the ability to communicate in every language to spread the word of God.

Yellow Hat: It can make you a better person so your life is a lot happier.

Blue hat: Reflective thinking and creative thinking.

18. July 15th, 2014 at 3:01 am      Reply Rebecca Says:

White hat:
    I know that the holy spirt is a flame that is on people’s head and the can speak all different languages and it represents Jesus

Red hat:
    Some emotions are happy because your represented by Jesus
    Excited that you can speak different languages

Yellow hat:
    It can have positive impact on my life when I am happy and peaceful

19. July 15th, 2014 at 3:02 am      Reply Thomasf and Jordan's Says:

White hat: The Holy Spirit is about piece, love,kindness and sharing.
    Yellow hat: The Holy Spirit has a positive impact on me because of being apart of Jesus.
    Black hat:

20. July 15th, 2014 at 3:02 am      Reply Kate Says:

White hat: what I know about the Holy Spirit

Red hat: what emotions do I associate with the Holy Spirit
    Emotions that I associate with the Holy Spirit are happy, exited and loyalty

21. July 15th, 2014 at 3:04 am      Reply Adrian and Andrew Says:

White hat: there’s always peace in the world by Jesus and God
    Red hat: We feel happy about the Holy Spirit because we like learning about it.
    Blue hat: we will need reading skills when reading the bible