5EC, 2014

Join in the learning!

IMAGINE!

March20

imagesCALPC3GB

Imagine” is a song written and performed by the English musician John Lennon. The best-selling single of his solo career, its lyrics encourage the listener to imagine a world at peace without the barriers of borders or the divisiveness of religions and nationalities, and to consider the possibility that the focus of humanity should be living a life unattached to material possessions.

Watch the clip below and listen to the words. Then leave a comment on the blog whith the following:
*how you can take on the message in this song as a Catholic during Lent
*what connections you can make with this song (remember connections can be to yourself, the world or another text)
*what message is John Lennon trying to convey in this song? Make sure you use evidence (which will be quoting a line in the song) to justify your response.

EXTENSION: Reply to other’s comments.

by posted under Uncategorized | 19 Comments »    

“IMAGINE!”

1. March 20th, 2014 at 8:45 pm      Reply ecanning Says:

I really love this song by John Lennon as if you listen carefully it has a beautiful and important message.

*DURING LENT…..I think that during Lent I will make sure that I try to think of the bigger picture in life and not just about myself. Lennon continually tells us to ‘IMAGINE’. When he says “imagine no possessions”, it makes me think about how lucky I am and reflect on those who are not as lucky as me. This makes me think that during Lent I can be generous by giving to the poor.

*CONNECTIONS……When listening to this song I connect with another text (which is also a song). The Phil Collins song ‘Another Day in Paradise’, is another song I love that makes me think about how to be kind to others.

*THE MESSAGE….. To me the message John Lennon is trying to get across is that while we need to think of the situations others may be in, it is not hopeless and that we can be the instigators of the change. “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope some day you will join us. AND THE WORLD WILL BE AS ONE” sayd that if we work together for a common goal we can achieve great things, however we ned to take the first step as individuals.

2. March 20th, 2014 at 10:30 pm      Reply Michaele Says:

I like the words but not the music and an important message

DURING LENT I want to help the poor and save money for them so the can eat food

CONETIONS I connect this to others because some people tell me the same of this message so

THE MESSIGE IS do something don’t be lazy and stop daydreaming or dreaming i think

3. March 20th, 2014 at 10:37 pm      Reply James Says:

How you can you take on the message in this song as a catholic during lent? I can give up something. What connections can you make with this song? “Road to heaven” it made me think that a sight on the road. What message is John Lennon to convey in this song? That there is pour people in the world.

4. March 20th, 2014 at 10:39 pm      Reply Edwin.G Says:

I really like this song because, it is a swing that make people think.

DURING LENT….. During Lent I think I should donate the money to the poor, because maybe I need the money for want but maybe the poor need it for need

THE MESSAGE…. The Massage that goes in to me is that we need to take into consideration that people are starving death, while we are wasting when we are full. Also the song means we need to know other people’s sadness.

I think I have learnt a lot of lent knowledge from this song and that we don’t always have to get the things that we want. 🙂 🙂

5. March 20th, 2014 at 10:45 pm      Reply Mia Says:

*DURING LENT….I think during lent I will try and think a little bit more about the people that are not living the way we are and the people that are really poor. I will also put lots of money in the charity box for them. This song makes me think about how lucky I am and there is people out there that are not surviving.

*CONNECTIONS….. When I was listening to this song I made a connection to nature and all the living animals and living things. John Lennon says “what if there is no heaven or hell” also the pictures made me thing really deep about life.You could also care for them by putting money in the charity box.

*THE MESSAGE….The message to me is John Lennon is trying to tell us that there is others out there that are not living like us.
    He is saying try and imagine what it would feel like and everyone knows you wouldn’t like to live like them.

6. March 20th, 2014 at 10:47 pm      Reply James Says:

I disagree Edwin it doesn’t make me think

7. March 20th, 2014 at 10:49 pm      Reply Cooper Says:

1. I can take on the message as a catholic by during Lent by giving up something that they don’t have and Making a difference to to their unfair life and be kind to one another. It also that we have to be grateful for what we get because someone else would love to have it.

2.My connection to another text is ‘what a wonderful world’ because you fell sorry for what other people and animals have gone thought and you have to be grateful for what a good life you have and what a wonderful world we have. We also need to know life is not always bad.

3. The message that John Lennon is trying to get forward is that other people are dying and he makes you imagine about what they have went though because the song says ‘ imagine all the people ‘ he is trying to tell you that they do mot have the same life as you and everyone is different.

8. March 20th, 2014 at 10:49 pm      Reply Michaele Says:

DURING LENT I want to help the poor and save money for them so they can eat food

CONNECTIONS this a bit connects to lent and our religion stuff we do

THE MESSAGE IS when it says ‘all the people’ it means you so it means me so I have to do what it says

9. March 20th, 2014 at 10:54 pm      Reply Breannon Says:

This song is so inspirational.

During lent…..John Lennon compares the people who have a home, food and proper clothing and those who don’t have any thing. The people who During lent I am going to give up my clothing that don’t fit me and give it to the needy.

Connections….. This song is about generosity. This song connects to so many different world problem and it tries and it tries to connect us to the many problems of the world. He said to ” IMAGINE”. I connected this to the caritas found

The message to me is that during lent that you should give to those who live differently and to take steps in others shoes. John talks to us to ” IMAGINE LIFE WITH OUT POSSESSIONS” like those who don’t have any proper clothing or food.

10. March 20th, 2014 at 10:55 pm      Reply Jacinta Says:

During Lent…..During Lent I will make sure to care for people other then myself. In the song it says “Imagine all the people living in peace” I will make sure to be nice and make peace to people other then my friends so there will be peace.

Connections…. Listening to this is relaxes me because I am thinking about what he is saying such as ” Imagine no possessions.” The connection is that there are people without possessions because they are in a poor country.

The message.. I think that John Lennon is trying to get across is that you have to try an imagine situations with other people other then yourself because everyone is different and not as privileged then you.

11. March 20th, 2014 at 10:59 pm      Reply Maddison Says:

I think that this song “imagine” by John Lennon is a beautiful song with a very important message he is trying to get out.

DURING LENT: During lent I will make sure that I will think of the people less fortunate than me and not just ask for something.Instead I will care of the more important things in life and the money that I would buy something else with I will give it to charity.

CONNECTION: I can connect to when John Lennon says “you may say I’m a dreamer” and I can connect that to Martin Luther’s speech
    called “I have a dream” John and Martin have the same dream of
    peace.

THE MESSAGE: To me the message I am getting out of this song is about caring for others and not just yourself and a quote John has used is “you may someday will join us and we will be one” the message from that says we should be working together for a world of peace.

12. March 20th, 2014 at 10:59 pm      Reply Jasmine Says:

During Lent I’m going to try and help those around me. I also want to donate some money to charity. I’m going to try to remember to make my bed so my mum doesn’t have to do it or she doesn’t have to keep telling me. “Imagine all the people” is one of the lines in the song that I liked because it made me think about the lyrics in the song. I think that it helps me to connect with the song and think about all the people who aren’t as lucky as us.

I can make a connection to this song because it’s about being kind and some people who are kind are my friends and family. They help me when I need it and take care of me when I’m hurt.

The message is to be kind and caring. Treat everyone the way you want to be treated and help people even if you don’t know them. Donate money to a charity or the poor or people with cancer.

13. March 20th, 2014 at 11:04 pm      Reply Yohan Says:

I really like the song, It makes me think about lots of things that I can do for the poor.

DURING LENT…. During lent I will give up on KFC, I will use the money for KFC for the Caritas Box. John Lennon has made a great song it makes me imagine a lot of things.

CONNECTIONS… This song reminds me of another song called “WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD ” because they are both similar and great songs.

14. March 20th, 2014 at 11:05 pm      Reply Shakira Says:

How can you take on this message as a catholic during lent?
    I can take on this message because the song has a lot of meaning to it, and when it says “imagine all the people” it means we help in lent people fast,and make we everyone happy.

*what connections can you make with this song (remember connections can be to yourself, the world or another text)
    I can connect to this song because it is telling us about the world, all the people and to share. I can also relate to this song because it is peaceful like he song “what a wonderful world”

What message is John Lennon trying to convey this song make sure you used evidence (which will be quoting a line in the song) to justify your response: He is trying to tell us about peace and the people in the world. To share and that we are all the same no ones better.

15. March 20th, 2014 at 11:05 pm      Reply Theo Says:

During lent I think everyone should be friendly a line from the song about this “imagine there’s no countries”. I can make a connection with bounce back that everyone should get along with each other . John Lennon message is that everyone should get along together and share the world.

16. March 20th, 2014 at 11:05 pm      Reply Rebecca Says:

I agree with you miss canning. I think the song has a beautiful message

DURING LENT:
    I think that during lent I will help mum with my brother and not just care about myself. I will help my brother walk and try to eat and practice walking with him

CONNECTIONS: my connection is that it reminds me of other songs that it reminds me about slow songs that are calm

MESSAGE: is to care for others because if we didn’t have those things we imagine living without them.

17. March 20th, 2014 at 11:08 pm      Reply Nathan Says:

DURING LENT… I think that during Lent I need to think about the people who are Less fortunate, Homeless and the poor. I think it’s not fair to not have a proper life. “Imagine all the people”

CONNECTIONS… While I listened to the text I thought about the less fortunate and how people in third world countries and how they don’t have the supplies that they need to survive.

THE MESSAGE… To me John Lennon was trying to say we can change the world in any way, we affect the world for what we do and WE are the people of the world.

18. March 20th, 2014 at 11:08 pm      Reply Marcus Says:

During lent : During lent I will forgive everything that people get me.Also to not judge a picture how it looks. During lent I will give up mc Donald’s and waste my money on something more imported.

Connections: I am going to connect to the song with my favourite song John legan all of me because it sounds the same

The message: the message of the song is that
    Is about loving each other. The words are about loving people are:
    Heaven
    Sky
    People
    Living
    Countries
    Religion
    Imagine
    Peace

19. March 20th, 2014 at 11:08 pm      Reply Domenic :D Says:

During lent…I will try to be friendly